Have you ever wanted to create an automated scripting
solution? Tired of rewriting the same code to do like, but different
tasks? Well, this just might be for you. The MarcEdit Script Maker is a NEW utility
added to the MarcEdit suite. It proves a simple, intuiative interface for
creating beginner to intermediate vbscripting solutions. So what can you
do with the MarcEdit Scripting Wizard:
- Globally Add Fields to all MARC records in a file.
- Conditionally Add Fields to specific MARC records in a file.
- Globally Delete Fields from all MARC records in a file.
- Conditionally Delete Fields from specific MARC records in a file.
- Globally or Conditionally modify subfields for all MARC records in a file.
- Repair MARC records extracted using III's Read/Write MARC records utility.
- Construct a 949 overlay for records extracted using III's Read/Write MARC
- Repair 001 in records extracted using III's Read/Write MARC records
The MarcEdit Script Maker provides users with a powerful tool for creating
automated solutions to deal with small, medium, or large MARC files. But
what if you know vbscript--how does the MarcEdit Script Maker help you?
Well, the Script Maker can create the seed code that most every project needs
when working with MARC records. This includes setting up functions for
interacting with MarcEdit's MarcEngine, handling most object creation, including
functions for dealing with obtaining the source file and how to construct a
destination file. All in all, the Script Maker will product roughly
250-300 lines of seed code so users can concentrate on meat of their programs.
Additional System Requirements
Currently, the MarcEdit Script Maker creates vbscripts for execution. Because of this, users must have the Microsoft Windows Scripting Host
installed to utilize the created scripts. Additional script support will be added in future versions.
For more information, please consult this help file or, if you
cannot find the answer to you question here, contact:
Author: Terry Reese