- Ph. D. in Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, 2018
- Master in Biological Sciences, Biology: Universidad de los Andes, 2010
- Bachelor in Sciences, Biology: Universidad de los Andes, 2009
Phytophthora evolution and speciation @ Oregon State University / HCRL-USDA
- Host speciation in the genus Phytophthora
- Phylogeography and phylogenetics: Origin, migration patterns and evolution using bayesian phylogenetics
- Computational methods for PopGen: R packages such as poppr and web-interfaces such as Phytopthora-ID
- Genomics of Plant Pathogens: Genome assembly, annotations and variant calling in different Phytophthora species
Plant Pathogen evolution and bioinfomatics @ Universidad de los Andes, Colombia.
- Evolution of plant pathogens: Phylodynamics of P. infestans
- Phylogenetics: Use of probabilistic phylogenetics for the inference of relationships in species of Colletotrichum, Fusarium, Xanthomonas, amongst anothers.
- HPC and HTC for bioinformatics Cluster setup and administration using SGE for bioinformatics.
- Genomics of Coffee Rust: Genome and transcriptome assembly for the Coffee Rust (Hemileia vastatrix) @ Cenicafe
- Metagenomics of Extreme Environments: Data management for pyrosequencing reads obtained from soil in extreme environments @ GeBix/Corpogen
Octocoral evolution and phylogenetics @ Universidad de los Andes, Colombia.
- Phylogenetics: Use of probabilistic phylogenetics to determine adaptive radiation in Pacifigorgia seafans