Daily Announcements ➺ Updated October 8, 2012
Thank you for your interest in Web Authoring. This course will focus on:
- Tagging in HTML 5
- Styling in CSS 3
- Graphic Design techniques
- Basics of PHP and MySQL connectivity
- Configuring Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Search Engine Optimization and Marketing (SEO/SEM)
Attendance in class is required.
- Read lecture materials before coming to class every Tuesday.
- Be ready to answer questions at the start of class.
- Laptop use during lecture and demonstration is allowed, but not while I'm talking! You need to listen, watch and ask questions before trying the new skill yourself.
Office hours are for students who are struggling with my instructions.
- Only visit me in office hours if you have:
- Attended class.
- Spent time using the written instructions and are stuck.
- Instead of sending me an email when you are stuck, you must use the forum in Blackboard to ask for help.
- Always include a link to your page(s).
- Be specific about which step of the instructions you are stuck on.
If you miss class:
- Everything you need to work on is in this web site.
- Do not email me; I trust you had a good reason for missing class; no need to give me the details.
- Do not ask me what you missed.
- Don't ask others in the forum what you missed.
- Use the forum for help when you have a specific question.