Do This Week
For many in the advanced field of computer science, the technological progress seems painfully slow. And yet, there are many who argue that the forces of technology are already too strong and changing the face of the earth too fast for society to cope. Clearly, there seems to be a need to pause and confront the social, legal, and ethical issues presented to us by the problems and advances in computer science if we are to be socially responsible producers and consumers of this technology.
- Why We Must Teach Ethics Along With Programming
- By Joshua Rivera, FastCompany, 2014.
- Start by reading the Syllabus. Every detail is important so read it twice.
- Purchase your textbook right away; you'll need it for the weekly discussions and to learn material for the quizzes.
- Choose between a hard copy and electronic copy.
This course will be delivered via Blackboard, which allows students to read project objectives, introductions, scoring criteria, instructions, tutorials, and submit work to be scored. It also provides a forum for the Discussion of Readings. In addition, Bb allows you to email me for help.
Read the Email Etiquette page to learn best practices for communicating with the instructor.
If you experience computer difficulties, need help downloading a browser or plug-in, assistance logging into the course, or if you experience any errors or problems while in your online course, contact the OSU Help Desk for assistance. You can call (541) 737-3474, email email@example.com or visit the OSU Computer Helpdesk online.
Have a great term!
Ms Van Londen